ALPFA invests in student members by providing professional level leadership workshops, professional and peer networking opportunities, and opportunities to practice essential communication skills needed in today's job market.
Regionally-situated collegiate symposiums bring together student members and leaders, professional members and leaders, and corporate partners who attend both to educate and to discover talent for upcoming internship or full-time positions.
The program opens on Saturday morning with a continental breakfast and peer-to-peer networking. Following the opening session, the schedule at each event might include:
- Continental Breakfast & Peer Networking
Leadership Panel Discussion
- Dynamic Workshops
Mentoring Round Tables
Networking face-to-face with recruiters to learn about career opportunities
- Dynamic workshops designed to prepare you to become successful Latino business leaders in corporate America
- Engaging mentoring round tables to strengthen effective communication and interviewing skills
Connecting peer-to-peer with other ALPFA students from universities across the region
Who Can Attend?
All Collegiate Symposiums are open to
- registered ALPFA member students:
- of all majors
- attending an accredited community college, college or university
- enrolled at least half time
- classified freshman through graduate student
- traditional and non-traditional students
- from anywhere who want to travel to attend, no matter how far!
- ALPFA Student Affairs Directors
- University Faculty Advisers (Current or Prospective)
- ALPFA professional members interested in mentoring students
Symposium Registration is free for registered ALPFA student members.
- Events are typically 8:00am - 4:30pm but may vary depending on the local programming and venue requirements
How can I sponsor?
Email: David Pena, President, ALPFA Colleges and Universities