2021 Board of Directors Nominations
Thank you for expressing your interest in joining ALPFA’s National Board. We are looking to fill 6 Director seats for a 2-year term beginning January 1, 2021 along with the Chair & Vice Chair roles. You can view the description of the Board Director, Chair & Vice Chair roles here.
Please note that you MUST be a Professional Member in good standing to apply for a seat on the ALPFA National Board of Directors.
The nominations process is designed to identify, encourage and recruit the active participation of dedicated professionals in the service of ALPFA at a national leadership level. Your completed application will assist the Nominations
and Governance Committee in conducting an objective and fair evaluation, deliberation and recommendation process for all nominated candidates.
Considering the roles and contributions of departing board members and the current needs
of the organization, the committee will evaluate viable candidates that represent at least one or more of the following attributes:
- Understanding of the culture, current issues and economic opportunities for the Latino community;
- Experience with ALPFA and a track record of advancing the organization’s mission, vision and purpose;
- Experience in Human Resources working with national search criteria;
- Experience in technology/innovation including cybersecurity, digital transformation, big data and data analytics;
- Strategic thinking and/or experience in the following industries/sectors: Military, STEM, Law, Health Care, Life Sciences and Hospitality;
- Experience with Latino organization advocacy to help guide the organization on what or may not be the best strategic direction to take; and
- Experience working with colleges & universities towards the advancement & expansion of ALPFA Student Chapters
The Nominations and Governance Committee will evaluate the qualifications of each candidate based on resumes, bios and responses to the questions below. Applications will be accepted until 9pm ET on Friday, August 11, 2020.
sincerely thank you for your interest in a role on ALPFA’s National Board.
ALPFA Board National Secretary