ALPFA Atlanta Chapter History
On September 23, 2003, the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA) formally launched the Atlanta chapter. The celebration took place at the Wyndham Midtown Hotel with Ernst & Young LLP as the official kick-off event sponsor. Featured speakers included Manny Espinoza retired senior partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers and ALPFA CEO and several others on the Atlanta Board of Directors.
Established in 1972, ALPFA is the successor of the American Association of Hispanic Certified Public Accountants (AAHCPA) and is the is the leading professional association dedicated to enhancing opportunities for Latino professionals and students in accounting, finance, and related professions. ALPFA's mission is to create opportunities, add value, build relationships for its members, the community and its business partners while expanding Latino leadership in the global workforce.
Today, ALPFA serves over 81,000+ members at 45 professional chapters and more than 150 graduate and undergraduate chapters across the United States.
ALPFA is the largest Latino association for business professionals and students with chapters nationwide and over 72,000 members. ALPFA is dedicated to enhancing opportunities for Latinos and building leadership and career skills. ALPFA is a non-profit entity registered with the Internal Revenue Service. Membership is open to anyone who shares our vision, mission, and values.
ALPFA is the premier business organization for expanding opportunities for Latino Leadership in the global market.
ALPFA creates opportunities, adds value, builds relationships for its members, the community and its business partners while expanding Latino leadership in the global workforce.
- Professional Growth
- Relationship Building
- We share a passionate commitment to increase opportunities for Latinos.
- We commit ourselves to honesty, integrity, and the highest professional and ethical standards.
- We are dedicated to the professional and personal growth of our members.
- We cultivate initiative and leadership within a spirit of teamwork.
- We believe in the power of networking – to create value for all our members and stakeholders.
- We nurture an environment that thrives on mentoring relationships.
- We value promotion and preservation of our bicultural heritage and bilingual skills.
- We embrace advocacy and community service.
- We welcome the involvement of all who share our mission, vision, values and principles.