Junior Achievement in a Day – ALPFA Care
· For the second year on a row, the ALPFAMILIA Michigan Chapter volunteered with Junior Achievement Program from the program we
started in 2014.
· For over 90 years, Junior Achievement (JA) has provided quality financial education to millions of children around the world.
Their well-structured programs teach students the key concepts of:
- Financial literacy
- Work readiness
- Crucial life skills for today's economy
The volunteering event took place on March 22, 2017 at Escuela Avancemos located in the heart
of Southwest Detroit www.greatschools.org/michigan/detroit/9717-Escuela-Avancemos
· 26 ALPFA volunteers (highest record of participation yet)
· 200+ K-5 students were impacted
· School supplies were donated by the Michigan Chapter Board members and Partners for the
use of the students:
o 3,000 Pencils
o 1,000 Pens
o 200 Dry-erase markers
o 120 Personal Dry-erase markers
o 120 Markers - 8 count Crayola standard colors
o 120 Crayons - 8 count Crayola standard colors
Comments from our great community and participants:
"This event was very rewarding as we were able teach all these students the basics of financial education and spend the day with such a highly engaged and talented students"
"Each of the students we taught gives us an opportunity to educate, to inspire, and to shape
the character of future leaders".