On April 16th, 2019, ALPFA Boston Coaching and Mentoring Program will launch a 6-months Mentorship Program, which is designed to empower, add to their professional development and create career-building opportunities for the new wave of “rising stars” of Boston’s professional community.
The cohort will consist of approximately 40-50 total participants. Mentees are defined as active professionals with three to five years of work experience, spanning various industries in the Greater Boston area; these mentees are pair up with well stablish professional to assist as their mentor.
Mentors should have between 10- 15 years of professional experience with a proven track record of career advancement. This program will consider applicants from all industries ranging from: finance, accounting, higher education, technology, healthcare and entrepreneurship, to name a few.
Boston’s competitive landscape sets the tone for the caliber of professionals accepted into the program, spanning diverse backgrounds and experiences to further advance the mission of ALPFA. These bright and promising professionals will have access to Boston’s distinguished network of established professionals, quality insights moderated by local experts and thought leaders- all in the spirit of advancing their professional development while gaining visible exposure to career-building opportunities and new connections.
|Program overview and speed networking
||April 16, 2019
|Self-Assessment – Strength Finder 2.0
||May 21, 2019
|Managing your Inner Voice
||June 18, 2019
|Developing your Career Plan
||July 16, 2019
|The Art of Negotiation
||August 20, 2019
|Closing Session/ Certificate Ceremony
||September 17, 2019
Outcomes for Participants
For Mentees: To apply click here
- Build sustainable relationships.
- Grow and strengthen one’s professional network.
- Engage with industry veterans in an intimate professional setting.
- Gain insights on professional goals, success stories, and best practices.
- Participate in monthly workshops moderated by local experts and industry thought leaders.
For Mentors: To apply click here
- Build sustainable relationships with their mentee and other participants.
- Assist young professionals to self-assess and articulate specific career goals.
- Strengthen coaching and mentoring skills by sharing knowledge with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Create a legacy that has a lasting impact on your mentees.
- Monthly programming was designed to add valuable insights and cutting edge thought leadership for the mentors too.
Mentees must meet the following criteria:
- Current ALPFA Professional Members
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Men and women who want to have upward mobility in their workplace or expand their current career, and would like to benefit from mentoring and guidance
- Willingness to commit to the six months’ mentoring program and to participate in our monthly group sessions
- ALPFA Boston Professional Membership (to: https://www.alpfa.org/page/membership)
Mentors must meet the following criteria:
- Mid-career and senior professionals with at least 8 or more years of professional experience.
- Willingness to commit to the six months’ mentoring program and to participate in our monthly group sessions.
- Commitment to meet with your assigned mentee at least once every month, in between scheduled monthly sessions.
All applications must be received by January 25, 2019. Accepted applicants will be notified by email no later than February 28, 2019.
Program location: All sessions will be held at Suffolk University on the 3 rd Tuesday of each month.
Program cost: Our generous sponsors have covered all associated costs.
Proudly Sponsored by: