On May 13, 2020, ALPFA Boston will launch its Coaching and Mentoring Program, carefully designed to empower, promote, develop, and connect the new wave of “rising stars” of Boston’s professional community.
This is a 7-month program that convenes approximately 40 participants (mentees and mentors) from different industries such as Financial Services, Technology, Healthcare, Education, Entrepreneurship, and more. Each mentee is carefully paired up with an approved mentor with the necessary knowledge and skills needed to make an impact on this young professional career.
Every session includes personal and professional development workshops moderated by local experts in that area. These bright and promising professionals will have access to Boston’s distinguished network of established professionals. All in the spirit of advancing their professional development while gaining visible exposure to career-building opportunities and creating a sense of a supportive community.
You should apply as a mentee if you are: (APPLY HERE)
- A professional with three to five years of work experience
- Want to have upward mobility in the workplace
- Are exploring to switch careers/industries
- Want to expand and grow your network
- Want to benefit from mentoring and guidance
- New to the area and want to create a sense of community
- Want to engage in personal development workshops
- Must commit to being present to all 7 monthly sessions
- Must commit to create a plan with assigned mentor to accomplish goals
- If accepted, you must become an ALPFA GOLD Member.
Mentors should have between 10-15 years of professional experience with a proven record of career advancement. This program will consider applicants from all industries ranging from: Finance, Accounting, Higher Education, Technology, Healthcare and Entrepreneurship, to name a few. No prior experience needed, but must be present at all sessions and willing to spend the time to work with your assigned mentee. (APPLY HERE)
Outcomes for Participants
- Build sustainable relationships with your assigned mentor/mentee and other participants
- Grow and strengthen one’s professional network
- Engage with industry veterans in an intimate professional setting
- Gain insights on professional goals, success stories, and best practices
- Participate in monthly workshops moderated by local experts and industry thought leaders
- Assist young professionals to self-assess and articulate specific career goals. (Mentors)
- Strengthen coaching and mentoring skills by sharing knowledge with individuals from different backgrounds
- Create a legacy that has a lasting impact on your mentees
- Monthly programming is designed to add valuable insights and cutting edge thought leadership from the mentors.
- Opportunity to attend other ALPFA Boston events outside of the program.
- Meet other ALPFA board members
2020 Coaching & Mentoring topics
Topics are subject to change
|1 – Career Planning, A Roadmap to Success
||May 13, 2020
|2 – Identifying CareerPaths, while breaking down barriers
||June 10, 2020
|3 – The Art of Negotiation, do you have the right skills?
||July 8, 2020
|4 - Networking Mixer - Make your mark*
||August 12, 2020*
|5 – Unconscious Bias, Navigating the waters
||September 9, 2020
|6 – Emotional Intelligence - Know your worth
||October 14, 2020
|7 – Closing and certificate Ceremony - Beyond the Vision
||November 11, 2020
*This is an optional event for those who wish to practice their networking while getting to know the rest of the cohort and others.
All applications must be received by March 31, 2020.
Accepted applicants will be notified by email no later than April 11, 2020.