Become a Girl Scout USA Scholar
Win one of (10) $2,000 scholarships
Be Mentored by Girl Scout USA CEO
ALPFA, Inc. (Association of Latino Professionals For America), in partnership with the Girl Scouts of the USA, is excited to announce a scholarship program! ALPFA, Inc. will award ten (10) $2,000 scholarship to promising students based on the application below. In addition, winners will have the opportunity to attend a lunch-and-learn with the CEO of the Girl Scouts of the USA, Sylvia Acevedo. For more information on Girl Scouts of the USA, please visit www.girlscouts.org.
General Eligibility Requirements. Applicants must...
- be student premium members in good standing.
- commit to becoming a Girl Scout Co-Leader for two (2) years by signing up here: http://www.alpfa.org/gsusa.
- be US citizens or legal permanent residents.
- be enrolled full-time in a degree seeking program at a four year U.S. accredited college of university in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the Winter of 2017.
- be eligible and apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2016-2017 Academic Year.
- submit an essay entitled “Why Me?” (max 500 words)
- submit a 30 – 60 second video entitled, “How ALPFA has impacted my life.”
All documents must be submitted no later than Midnight PST on Tuesday, November 1, 2016. Winners will be contacted in the beginning of December, with scholarship funds being distributed for the Winter, 2017 semester.