ALPFA announces key programs and events for its 2015 convention
ALPFA’s Annual Convention attracts 3,000 attendees over four days with 95% of attendees being Latino and a ratio of 70% professionals to 30% college students.
This year’s key convention programs and events include:
• Career Fair (August 10) - Recruiters from Fortune 500 companies showcase their commitment to diversity and career opportunities for students and experienced professionals. This is open to the general public.
• Power Breakfast (August 10) - An invitation only event for senior leaders to hear from top C-level executives to share insights and perspectives on today’s global market.
• Scholarship Luncheon (August 9) - Meet Retired Navy Seal, Rob O'Neill, the most decorated living American, whose acts of heroism is captured in three movies! And witness talented Latino students from across the country being recognized and celebrated for their academic achievement and demonstrated leadership skills.
• Veterans’ Panel (August 9)- Recognizing the innate leadership skills of veterans and the intersectionality between the veteran and Latino communities, this panel is designed to address issues impacting veterans as they transition from military to civilian life.
• Women of ALPFA Day (August 8) – Features an invitation only breakfast with guest speakers discussing the global gender gap, panel discussions and workshops focused on soft skill development for Latina leaders, and the Women of ALPFA Luncheon where the accomplishments of Latinas are highlighted and celebrated.
• Professional and Student Workshops (August 6 – 9) - Featuring both technical and soft skill development topics, the ALPFA convention provides 2 days of workshops—many of which qualify for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.