ALPFA 2017 Coaching & Mentoring Program
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2017 ALPFA Boston Chapter Coaching & Mentoring Program to be launched on April12th, 2017 at Suffolk University - Business School.
On April 12th 2017, the ALPFA Boston Coaching and Mentoring Program will launch a 6-month Group Mentorship Program, which is designed to facilitate relationships among the “rising stars” of Boston’s professional community and the established ALPFA Boston leaders.'
The group will consist of approximately 15-20 mentees, primarily entry-level young professionals with a Bachelors’ degree and up to three years of work experience and graduates with up to seven years of work experience. In addition, we will have 15-20 mentors from a range of professional levels and industries spanning law, finance, accounting, higher education, healthcare and many others.
Boston’s incredible academic institutions draw many Latinos and minority men and women from diverse backgrounds and industries to pursue their career aspirations in Massachusetts. These bright and promising men and women deserve access to Boston’s distinguished network of established professionals.
➤ Connect young and established professionals from various industries such as: law, finance, accounting, higher education, healthcare, etc.
➤ Provide career and developmental feedback.
➤ Promote a diversity mindset in a collaborative environment.
➤ Foster relationship building.
➤ Kick-off Event: April 12th, 2017. Participants will gather to get to know each other, review program outline, timetable and expectations, and receive training on how to best leverage the ALPFA Boston Coaching and Mentoring Program.
➤ Mentoring Sessions: Participants will continue to build on relationships from the Kick-off Event and expand their network by meeting with different mentors. Mentors’ bios will be posted on CMP webpage; mentees can research in advance about mentors and identify which ones will be best aligned with their career goals.
➤ Professional Development Workshops: Mentees will have the opportunity to improve on the following topics: Adaptive leadership skills, developing your personal brand, negotiation skills, interviewing and business etiquette, effective presentation and communication skills, career strategy to upward mobility, and etc).
➤ Networking Event: Two of the six sessions will have networking activities (kick off and closing session), so that all participants can obtain hands-on practice on building relationships, getting to know each other better, practice their elevator pitch, and approach mentors on a 1:1 basis.
Outcomes for Participants:
- Build sustainable relationships
- Grow and strengthen one’s professional network
- Engage with industry veterans in an intimate professional setting
- Gain insights on professional goals, success stories, and best practices
- Champion participation and encourage mentees to advance in their career, and celebrate achievements
- Build sustainable relationships with their mentees
- Assist young professionals to self-assess and articulate specific career goals
- Strengthen coaching and mentoring skills by sharing knowledge with individuals from different backgrounds and with different personality types
- Create a legacy that has a lasting impact on your mentees
- Obtain personal satisfaction by helping mentees achieve their goals by providing guidance
Mentees must meet the following criteria:
- Current ALPFA Premium Professional Members
- Those who have attained an undergraduate degree and have up to 3 years of professional experience
- Those who have attained a graduate degree and have up to 7 years of professional experience
- Men and women who want to have upward mobility in their workplace or expand their current career, and would like to benefit from mentoring and guidance
- Willingness to commit to the six months group-mentoring program and to participate in at least 5 out of 6 monthly group mentoring sessions
Mentors must meet the following criteria:
- Mid-career and senior professionals with 7 or more years of experience in different sectors such as Finance, Law, Business, Healthcare, etc.
- Willingness to commit to the six months group mentoring program and to participate in at least five of the six monthly group mentoring sessions
- Open to ALPFA Boston sponsors and non-sponsors mentors.
➤ The ALPFA Boston Mentoring Program will start on April 12th, 2017 and run through September 2017. Kick off session is dedicated to mentees only.
➤ Monthly meetings will be held on the 3rd and 4th Wednesday of each month from 5:30 - 8:00 pm.
➤ Dates confirmed by the sponsor:
April 12th, May 17th, June 14th, July 12th, August 16th and September 13th. Sessions will be held at the Suffolk University facility in Boston, MA.
Save the Date:
We will ask mentees to commit to the program for a six-month period where the Coaching and Mentoring staff will host 6 meetings and programs relative to the interest of the group. Monthly meetings will be held on 3rd Wednesday of each month from April 12th through September 13th, 2017 during the hours of 5:30-8:00 PM, with the exception of the Kick Off session that will be held on a Monday (Note: meeting dates may be subject to change. A final schedule will be provided end of March).
Mentor/Mentee applications must be submitted by no later than March 31st, 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I apply?
Please complete the following steps no later than March 31st, 2017:
Click here to complete and submit the application form
to complete and submit the application form
IMPORTANT: Only a maximum of 25 participants will be selected to participate in the program. Those selected, will be notified of his/her acceptance into the program via email. Participants selected must confirm their participation no later than one week after they have been notified. Failure to respond within one week will disqualify the individual and another participant will be selected in their place. Program materials, including the mentor bios and the program’s calendar of events, will be forwarded to participants upon acceptance.
We hope you consider taking advantage of this great opportunity. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.