Women of ALPFA
Women of ALPFA is an initiative of ALPFA focused on empowering Latinas and women to reach their full potential. Women of ALPFA aims to provide a leading network for Latinas (professionals and students) to connect, learn, and share experiences that lead to personal and professional growth and advancement within ALPFA, in the workplace and in our communities. Through targeted programs, access to opportunities and exposure to senior leaders, Women of ALPFA provides a road map to strengthen leadership and management skills that foster both professional and personal development.
To develop and manage impactful programs that strengthen leadership and management skills and empower Latinas to reach their full potential .
To be the leading network for Latinas (professional & students) to connect, learn, and share experiences that lead to personal & professional growth and advancement within ALPFA, in the workplace & in our communities.
Women of ALPFA empowers Latinas and women to reach their Full potential. Through targeted programs, access to opportunities and exposure to senior leaders, we provide a road map to strengthen leadership and management skills that fosters both professional and personal development.
Women of ALPFA Achievements
Click here to download the WoA presentation.
- 2012: Yvonne Garcia, Member of Women of ALPFA Corporate Advisory Board and now current ALPFA National President, recognized as One of Five Top Executives of the Year, LATINA Style Magazine
- 2012: WOA launched a 10-city tour to promoting Building Latina Leaders, Strong From the Inside Out and recognized Anna Maria Chavez, CEO of Girl Scouts with the first Latina Excellence Award.
- 2012: initiated a Mentorship Program that is positioned for exponential growth
- 2010: Women of ALPFA Advocate of the Year, LATINA Style Magazine
- 2009: Yvonne Garcia, One of the 2009 Women of Vision, Hispanic Business Magazine
- 2009: Frances Garcia, Inspector General, Government Accountability Office, Co-Founder, Women of ALPFA Woman of the Year, Hispanic Business Magazine
- In 2007, there were 10 WOA events at local chapters and by 2009 it had increased to 23 events across the US, and 2010, 18 major events were held and 2012 will see the first national 10-city tour.
In 2002 WOA began as a small breakfast at the National Convention. Today, it has expanded to a full day and included workshops, a luncheon and panel discussions.
National speakers have included: Yasmin Davidds, Anna Escobedo Cabral, Maria Marin, and Ronna Lichtenberg
Women of ALPFA local summits feature many Latina business owners.
National corporate support includes Prudential, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, GE, McDonald’s, JPMorgan Chase, and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- 60% of ALPFA’s National Board of Directors are women
50% of ALPFA Chapter Presidents are women
- over 50% of ALPFA’s membership are women
The Annual Deloitte Woman of ALPFA essay competition awards $1200 to a deserving student.
Latina Style Magazine recognized the Woman of ALPFA program with the 2010 Advocate of the Year Award.
Be a part of something big...
In the News
ALPFA awarded by Latina Style magazine for Women of ALPFA program.
Read more >>
Read About our Successful 2012 10-city tour!
The Value of WoA
WoA group on LinkedIn