2016 NORTHEAST REGIONAL STUDENT SYMPOSIUM
"Latino Millennials: Developing Your Strategy to Succeed in Your Career"
Welcome to a conference designed to give you the tools you need to craft the career of your dreams.
What do you envision today?
We’ve crafted this conference to specifically give you back the power of choice and to declutter your mind so you can focus on the opportunities that matter- the ones that are a good fit for you.
Join us on collaborative journey of self-discovery.
The 2016 Northeast Regional Student Symposium entitled “Latino Millennials: Developing Your Strategy to Succeed in Your Career” will focus on developing Latino leaders through a mix of self-exploration and better understanding of the opportunities available post-graduation.
Learn what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur, directly from those that have done it. Learn about failing, advocating for yourself, and what it’s like to work for large corporations. Learn to embrace who you are- while opening your mind and heart to others.
We will have a career fair with recruiters from RSM, John Hancock, E&Y, PWC, State Street, Citizens Bank, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Stop & Shop, Hasbro and many others!
GMAC will raffle GMAT vouchers for those interested in pursuing their MBA!
Saturday, October 22, 2016
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
1776 Heritage Dr.
North Quincy, MA 02171
8:00 – 9:10 A.M. -- Registration and Breakfast
9:10 –9:30 A.M. -- Welcome Remarks
9:40 – 10:40 A.M. -- First Workshop Session (A)
10:50 –11:30 A.M. -- GMAC Session (B.A.) Master Session TBD
11:40 – 12:40 A.M. -- Second Workshop Session (B)
12:50 – 1:15 P.M. -- Networking Lunch
1:15-1:30 P.M -- Keynote Speaker
1:30-1:40 P.M. -- Q&A
1:40-1:45 P.M. -- Closing Remarks
2:00-4:00 P.M. -- Career Fair & MBA Workshops
Workshop Titles (pick two):
- HOW TO BECOME AN ENTREPRENEUR | Presented by: Logan Cohen, co-CEO/ co-founder of Küdzoo and Forbes’ 30 under 30, Ventrice Lam, Founder of Impak Consulting
- WOMEN OF ALPFA PRESENTS: NEGOTIATING TO BRIDGE THE GAP | Presented by Evelyn Barahona, Vice President of Membership, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- CONNECTIVITY: BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS THAT LAST | Presented by State Street Corporation
- LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE: EMBRACING YOUR LATINOCENTRICNESS IN A NON LATINO WORKPLACE | Presented by Elvis Jocol-Lara Director of Digital Media at El Mundo Boston
- MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE: UNDERSTANDING ROLES IN AN ORGANIZATION | Presented by Hasbro (TBD)
- TEAMWORK- THE SOLO CUP CHALLENGE | Presented by RSM
- ADVOCATING FOR YOURSELF: LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD | Melissa Marin, Product Manager, SALT / VP Student Affairs ALPFA Boston.
- ON FAILURE: LESSONS LEARNED IN MY PROFESSIONAL JOURNEY | Natalia Hilton, Chief Administrative Officer, State Street Corporation, VP Chapter Development, ALPFA
Check out companies at the Career Fair!
John Hancock, E&Y, PWC, State Street, RSM, Citizens Bank, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Stop & Shop, Hasbro
SHARE THE EVENT WITH A Friend!
Click here to Share on Twitter
http://ctt.ec/2UeMC or click the image below
Click here to Join the conversation and Share on Facebook