2016 NORTHEAST REGIONAL STUDENT SYMPOSIUM
Latino Millennials: Developing Your Strategy to Succeed in Your Career
The 2016 Northeast Regional Student Symposium entitled “Latino Millennials: Developing Your Strategy to Succeed in Your Career” will focus on developing Latino leaders through self-knowledge. Being an authentic leader entails understanding yourself – your drives, needs, likes and dislikes. Equipping Millennials with the proper tools will help them reach higher levels with a greater sense of confidence and true identity.
OUTCOMES FOR 2016 NORTHEAST REGIONAL SYMPOSIUM PARTICIPANTS
- Reinforce Latino Values for a greater appreciation of culture.
- Gain a sense of self through the identification of your personality type.
- Enhance leadership skills that will support expanding your career
- Understand the various roles available in the marketplace.
- Advocating for yourself at work.
- Learn the importance of growing from failure.
- Increase students’ knowledge of entrepreneurialism.
- Expand their professional and personal networks
Date: Saturday, October 22, 2016
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: State Street
1776 Heritage Dr.
NorthQuincy, MA 02171
8:00 – 9:10 A.M. Registration and Breakfast
9:10 –9:30 A.M. Welcome Remarks
9:40 – 10:40 A.M. First Breakout Session (A)
10:50 –11:30 A.M. Interactive Session on Latino Culture “Who are We?”
11:40 – 12:40A.M. Second Breakout Session (B)
12:50 – 1:15P.M. Networking Lunch
1:15-1:30 P.M. Keynote Speaker
1:30-1:40 P.M. Q&A
1:40-1:45 P.M. Closing Remarks
2:00-5:00 P.M. Career Fair & MBA Workshops
• Woman of ALPFA Presents- Negotiating to Bridge the Gap | Enhance negotiation skills through research and knowledge.
• How to Become an Entrepreneur | Expose students to the appropriate steps necessary to create a business.
• Connectivity: Building Relationships that Last | Focus on Networking with purpose when meeting new people.
• Let Your Light Shine: Embracing Your Latinocentricness in a Non Latino Corporate place | Navigating the workplace as a Latino and leveraging mentors, knowing when to speak up and creating diverse opportunities.
• More Than Meets the Eye: Understanding Roles in an Organization | A high level view of roles at a company demonstrating that there is more to an organization than meets the eye.
• What Are You Good At? Is This You or Someone Else? | Discover personality types and assess strengths.
• Advocating for Self: Let Your Voice be Heard | Learn how to grow in a corporation through additional responsibilities.
• On Failure: Lessons Learned in My Professional Journey | Understanding the importance of failure to attain success.