Partners HealthCare and ALPFA Boston
Cordially invites you to the
2016 ALPFA Boston HealthCare Summit
“Personalized Medicine - The Genetics of Diversity and its impact in the Healthcare Landscape”
Join us for a fascinating dialogue around personalized medicine featuring Dr. Scott Weiss, Scientific Director of Partners HealthCare Personalized Medicine.
Dr. Scott Weiss will discuss why disease risks are based on the predispositions written into your genome at birth, combined with your lifestyle and environment and its impact in the community and the healthcare landscape.
When: Wednesday October 12th, 2016, between 5 – 8 p.m.
Where: 399 Revolution Drive, Assembly Row
Somerville, MA 02145
Appetizers and drinks will be provided
Contact Glenda.Ciampa@alpfaboston.org for any questions
Additional information about the event:
As the racial and ethnic makeup of the population becomes increasingly diverse it is likewise shifting the healthcare landscape. Rapid changes in health care delivery – how care is accessed and how diverse populations understand their individual health in the context of these shifts – is forcing businesses & providers to rethink how they engage with these diverse communities. Personalized Medicine, emphasizes the ways in which a person’s disease risks are unique and different.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Scott Weiss
- Registration: 5:00 5:30 p.m.
- Networking Reception: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Welcome Remarks: 6:45 - 7:00 p.m.
- Keynote Speaker and Q&A: 7:00 - 7:45 p.m.
- Closing Remarks: 7:45 - 8:00 pm.
- Program Concludes: 8:00 p.m.
How to get there?
- Public Transportation: Partners Healthcare is accessible via the Assembly Row MBTA station.
- Onsite Parking is available at the attendees cost
Please note that by registering, you are agreeing to the information below:
Consent to Use and Disclosure of Photography and Recordings. I agree that Partners HealthCare System, Inc. (“PHS”), ALPFA and/or their affiliates may use interviews, photographs, videos and other audio-visual recordings, including digital images and recordings, of me and my likeness (referred to herein as Recordings) and information in its marketing and communications publications and/or for educational and training purposes which may be directed to their employees and/or the general public. I further understand that the publications where the Recording may appear includes, but are not limited to, printed and online publications (such as websites).
The Recordings may also be made available by PHS to news organizations (i.e., “the media”) to be used as part of news coverage of PHS, whether in print or online.
I acknowledge, understand and agree that:
· Only individuals approved by PHS, ALPFA and Affiliates shall produce all types of media.
· If any of my Recordings are provided to a recipient outside of PHS, like the media, PHS cannot control how the recipient will use or share the Recordings.
· Recordings may be edited, modified, or retouched for artistic and other graphic production reasons which PHS may or may not control.
· I grant and release to PHS all rights, title and interest that I may have in the Recordings. I grant my consent to copyright, use and reuse of the Recordings.
· I will not receive, and am giving up any claim to receive, any payment or royalties in connection with any use or disclosure of the Recordings.